Working in Sales Or Hiring In Sales, Focus 5 Are Here For You!
The Sales and Business Development division of any business are ultimately responsible for growth.
Tech Sales is different to other sectors and an the ability to both grasp and effectively communicate tech functions and features is key and Focus 5 Recruitment has the network and connections to find that BD talent who can demonstrate business impact through sales activities.
What Sales roles do Focus 5 recruit?
Working with a wide range of companies, whether you’re a candidate looking for a role or a client looking for a hire, Focus 5 Recruitment are here to help and ensure you enjoy the recruitment process.
We work in Tech and that covers SaaS companies, e-commerce, fin-tech, health-tech, cyber security as well as other Tech companies.
Finding the right role or people to take your business forward is what we do.
At Focus 5, we specialise in recruiting the following sales roles:
- Business Development Managers / Executives – BDM or BDE
- New Business professionals
- Account Management professionals – Executive to Director
- Sales Management staff – Inside Sales, Field Sales, Sales Managers and Directors
- Sales Support staff – admin, analytics, marketing
- Technical Sales – Pre-Sales, Technical Account Management, Architects
- Channel Sales professionals
- International Sales professionals – EMEA, APAC, AMER
- Senior Sales – Management, Directors, Head of Sales
What key skills and knowledge are required?
Depending on the role, you’re likely to need specific technical skills, however there are many areas where we look for a very wide range of experience and expertise.
- Active listening skills
- Presentation skills
- Territory management
- Time Management
Qualifications vs Experience
In Tech Sales roles, Qualifications are often less important than experience.
As you progress and gain further experience, your earning potential definitely increases.
Some qualifications or tech sector knowledge will certainly help and they include:
Sales salaries vary, depending on the skills, experience and location.
The average salary for Technical Sales jobs is £37,500.
- Business Development Executive – £24,853 + £3-5K bonus
- Business Development Manager – £34,873 + £5-8K bonus
- Account Manager Sales – £27,529 + £4-7.5K bonus
- Channel Sales – £44,362 + £10-17K bonus
- Pre-Sales – £49,740 + £7-10K bonus
- BD Director – £64,916 + £10.5-15.5K bonus
- Further information